Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sight for sore eyes


Excuse me while I virtually gain weight...

I am going to attempt this.

I say attempt because my past couple baking ventures have been, well, ventures. As in- chocolate chip, sugar, and snicker doodle varieties of volcano-shaped disks. Gooey-"put that back in the oven for 10 more minutes," brownies. Lastly, dense banana bread bricks.

It's not me, it's the altitude here in Idaho. I seriously love baking, but I'm no Martha Stewart. Although, I wanted to be her when I was younger. I have fond memories of sitting on the kitchen counter with my mom helping her pour ingredients into the mixer to make cookies, and my dad calling me the next Martha. The altitude makes it hard to bake and run. Even though I am used to it now, I'm still embarrassed and bitter at how pathetic my distance became once we moved here. Baking wise, the goods rise faster and then fall before it's finished baking. Hence, volcanic cookies.

In an attempt to feed my baking hunger with my eyes, I found a blog called Bakerella. She's known for her Cake Balls.
haha. sorry, I couldn't resist.

But seriously, She is so creative with cake! She makes mini cheesecake balls, mini whoopi pies, and even mini pies on sticks! Not everything she makes in mini- she does have a regular size baking section too. Both, equally makes me drool on brad's laptop.

You can find the recipe here
I am going to try it soon, and report what happens. If I don't blog about it, it probably didn't go so well.

yum-mayyy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment